|Overview of the shoe from Skechers Malaysia officially|
|Notice the newer material - unique 3D printed side details|
The sizing/fitting session at Skechers HQ allowed me the first feel of the shoe with socks. I took the US10 sizing, which is the same as some of the other Skechers I have. The toe box is wide, so no issues with tight front that requires a size up. When I tried the shoe for size, The thicker insole was not inserted into the shoe, giving me the 4mm feel. I then insert the insole just to confirm that the US10 will be a-ok for me as well. Seems the sizing is pretty good as the disparity with and without insole felt the same at least for me. Confirmation with Skechers is that the shoe with or without the insole is a 4mm drop shoe.
|Custom fit = without insole or with insole|
|Smooth inner, allowing for sockless run or 4mm drop|
The "plushness" from this shoe comes mainly from the thicker add-on (insole). After running in the 8mm drop shoes, there is very little differences to the feel when compared to a 4mm drop shoe. So, it doesn't really bother me much.
|Sleeker profile compared to GRR2. Less bulky looking as well|
|Non-stretch nylon on the toe box and the lacing down to the side, providing snug fit and support once you pull the laces.|
|That right. GoImpulse Pod|
|Closer look at the front of the sole|
|Tongue not sewn down|
I would like to see how other brands do this.
|Talk about turning shoes to pretzels. Enough said.|
Skechers rated the shoe to be 8.4oz for Men size 9, or about 238grams. My trusty scale scored a 230grams for US10. Perhaps it's time to get a digital scale and minimise these reading error eh?
Summing It Up
The GRR3 comes with:
- Resalyte sole that is actually memory foam
- GoImpulse pod that help distribute landing pressure and react to provide bounce and response
- M-Strike for that midfoot strike encouragement
- Ag-ion treatment for odor control (not that I have smelly feet)
- Lightweight 8.4oz for Men US9. Much lesser for women definitely
And with extras:
- Customisable sole
- Newer materials that help to keep the weight down, while offering more cushioning and structure
- Swanky 3D print on the side, you see some pattern under the 4-way mesh
- Streamlined cutting and "takes away the bulk"
- Support for lateral movement via synthetic like overlay on the side and more protection for the toes with the same synthetic overlay as protection
Note: This pair of Skechers GoRunRide3 is sponsored by Skechers Malaysia via collaboration with 2ndSkin Asia Athletes program. Thank you Skechers Malaysia and 2ndSkin! This pair is not launched yet. No pricing available at point of writing, but should be the same RM399 for men as indicative pricing.
Opinion in this write up is my own and not influenced by Skechers Malaysia or 2ndSkin program.